February 29, 2024
Hand Crafted | Rustic French Baguettes
Join our online class to master the art of baking artisanal baguettes, complete with homemade tart cherry jam and rich candied pecan compound butter. Baguettes, a symbol of French baking, have graced tables since the 18th century, and we’re adding a modern twist with our gourmet accompaniments. We’ll even guide you through the art of making infused oils, perfect for dipping your fresh bread.
- The French baguette, with its iconic long, thin shape and crusty exterior, has origins that are deeply rooted in French culture. The word “baguette” itself means “wand” or “baton,” aptly describing its shape. While bread similar to the baguette can be traced back as far as the 18th century, the modern version that we know and love is said to have come about in the early 20th century.
- Today, the baguette is a symbol of French living and is part of the daily rhythm of life in France, enjoyed with cheese, charcuterie, or simply a slathering of butter. It has also been recognized by UNESCO for its cultural significance.
- Hand Crafted Baguettes: Freshly baked, crusty baguettes.
- Tart Cherry Jam: Sweet and tangy jam to complement the bread.
- Compound Butter: Rich butter infused with candied pecan and gorgonzola.
- Infused Olive Oil & Reduced Balsamic: Olive oil with a hint of lemon thyme and a drizzle of rich balsamic.
Recommended Wine Pairings:
- Sparkling Prosecco or a dry Sauvignon Blanc to cut through the richness.